Ingredients: Makes 2 bowls
- 2 cups Kale washed and dried and chopped into small pieces
- ½ fresh lemon
- Olive oil
- 1 large or 2 small sweet potatoes
- 1 15 oz can of chickpeas; rinsed and drained
- ½ tsp cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, sea salt
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1-2 large carrots shredded
- 1-2 Tablespoons hummus or Tahini Dressing (recipe below)
- Handful of cilantro or parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Take 2 baking sheets and line them with parchment paper.
- Rinse chickpeas and dry them on paper towel then place them on 1 baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle on cumin, chili powder, garlic powder and sea salt. Roll chickpeas to coat well.
- Chop sweet potato into bite size chunks (I use organic sweet potato and keep skin on). Place on parchment lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and sea salt. Use hands to make sure potato is coated.
- Place both in oven to roast for 10-15 min, then flip them over and roast another 10 – 15 minuets
- Meanwhile mix juice of ½ lemon with 1 Tablespoon of olive oil and pinch sea salt. Use this to dress the kale salad and set aside in a big bowl.
Combine in blender
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1.3 cup water
- ¼ cup plus 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- dash salt
Blend till smooth and creamy. Assembling:
In a big bowl of the dressed Kale salad add roasted sweet potato, 1 cup of quinoa, roasted chickpeas, shredded carrot and 1-2 Tablespoons of Tahini Dressing or prepared hummus (commercial stuff is fine). Top with generous helping of chopped cilantro or parsley; 2 servings. 1 serving = 1 protein, 1 grain, free veggies and 1 fat